You are addressed by Federal Surveillance Service for Compliance with the Law in Cultural Heritage Protection (Rosokhrankultura), authorized by the Russian Federation Government to search and restitution of stolen and illegally taken out Russian cultural values.
The ninetieth years of the last century were marked by the row of prominent thefts of archival documents. Criminal investigation were carried out on the thefts.
The number of the stolen documents is over 4000, including:
– The Emperor decrees of Alexander I, Nicholas I, Alexander II, Alexander III and Nikolas II to the organization rewarding different persons with orders and decorations (1801-1917 years);
– The Emperor rescripts and commands of Peter I, Catherine I, Peter II, Anna Ivanovna, Elizaveta Petrovna (1709-1762 years), Catherine II and Paul I to the Court department concerning payment, fatigue duty into the Palace, courters appointment (1700-1801 years);
– Peter I letters (1700-1721 years);
– Orders of I.Stalin, G.Jukov, M.Budenniy to the Soviet Army and military districts (1937-1947 years);
– Orders and minutes of the Revolutionary Military Board signed by L.Trockiy (1918-1927 years);
– Service correspondence (incoming and outgoing letters) of I.Stalin concerning both economic and military questions (1932-1953 years).